\ Visualizing Evolution: YYZ

Friday, November 21, 2008

YYZ

Well, as of Saturday, I am an American tourist in Canada for the entire week! I'm not sure how my internet connection will be while I'm there, so this blog may sit neglected until December, but I do plan to visit the Royal Ontario Museum at least once, to see what kinds of new displays they have that visualize evolution (surprise, surprise).

I'm also looking forward to finally seeing what's inside of that weird crystal they built over the course of the two years I actually lived there:
I guess I have a love-hate relationship with it from the outside. I reserve judgment until I see the interior. The dinosaur exhibition should be awesome, though.

In addition to touristy stuff like museums and the CN tower and all that, I also plan to use this time away from my regular life and responsibilities to type my NaNoWriMo book. As of today, I'm exactly on schedule. I mean, to-the-word (33,333 as of Friday). I want to clear 50,000 by Thursday night so I can board my plane the next morning feeling good about having a relaxing weekend. My stats graph may not reflect that depending on internet availability though:

1 comment:

Kumah said...

Augh, I hate it when modern architecture rapes older architecture.

They built a big glass dome over the top of the capital building in Germany. My architect teacher raves about modern buildings next to old ones but I think it kind of kicks dirt in the face of the old buildings.

Modern architecture is ugly, I like those old brick and stone buildings with ornate decorations and columns.